Dan

Sneaky bug to duplicate points

Hi @Kevin Carwile,

Some of our suers have been duplicating their points by taking advantage of an issue where points can be transferred twice within a single page load.

See the screenshot as an example:

740648019_ScreenShot2019-08-08at2_49_00pm.thumb.png.7cb03dec36640ae88a55c73d64efe70e.png

I also have a video which I will PM you now, demonstrating how its done.

My understanding is that when you transfer funds to a "bank" it isn't processed until page load is complete? rather than immediately? And therefore you can try and force a few transfers within that page load period. I may be way off in my guess on how it occurs, but hopefully the information I have provided is helpful.

I haven't had any updates regarding this.

I think a current solution is to disable the use of banks, as the exploit is done using that feature.

I sent Kevin a video of how to reproduce the exploit.

Edited by Dan

Yea, it would be nice to get a reply.  I wonder if he's giving up on his apps.  He responded "No" to someone in another thread who asked him about an update to Automation Rules.

Glad I didn't start using this app.  Might go with the other points app Members Shop.  I don't like the idea of the developer not even responding to a thread about an issue.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.