liquidfractal

email composition fields not opening in Rules

For some reason, I am no longer able to either create actions involving sending email or edit existing rules which send email.

It was obviously working before, but I've spent an hour trying to troubleshoot this with no luck:

ruleemail.thumb.jpg.460ccb4685e64af8c97d051355abcb63.jpg

The Insert image from URL button doesn't work either - you can add a URL and click the upload button and nothing happens.

I thought at first it might have been the occasional problem with the IPS core editor needing a reload or two to appear, but other parts of the suite are working fine.  I also tried clearing the cache and even using other browsers, but nothing seems to help.

Works fine for me on 4.4.4.  I also save the rule and went back and edited it and that worked too.

2022421986_Screenshotfrom2019-06-1402-20-17.thumb.png.39f28b8337335f5b75370c459ea87385.png

Edited by Bluto
  • Like 1

I have noticed in the past that the save button stops working for rules I created.  I go in to modify them and the save button doesn't do anything.  Not sure if this is related or not, but I believe I had to re-create the rule.  I can't quite remember.

Sorry if this really isn't any help.  Hopefully you'll figure it out.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kevin Carwile said:

Maybe switch the source to something else, save it and switch it back.

Aha!  This worked.  Thank you!  Although there's still some strange behaviour: I save as something else, then switch back to manual configuration and get my email window back.  If I edit my email content and save again, then go back to edit further, the email window disappears again - I have to repeat the save process to get the email window back every time I want to edit.  Still, at least it works!

Edited by liquidfractal

On 6/14/2019 at 9:23 AM, Bluto said:

I have noticed in the past that the save button stops working for rules I created.  I go in to modify them and the save button doesn't do anything.  Not sure if this is related or not, but I believe I had to re-create the rule.  I can't quite remember.

Sorry if this really isn't any help.  Hopefully you'll figure it out.

I had and have this situation too. If I change conditions or actions for a rule many times, the Save button doesn't do anything in this rule. Then, I just click "Enter" when on the Rule name line.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:38 PM, alexis said:

I had and have this situation too. If I change conditions or actions for a rule many times, the Save button doesn't do anything in this rule. Then, I just click "Enter" when on the Rule name line.

Strange...I've never had this problem.

But in terms of an update of the original topic: I tried exporting my rules, uninstalling Rules and reinstalling from scratch.  Then, I tried creating a simple rule which involved sending an email as an action - still got the missing editor space.  Re-imported my rules so I'm back to where I started.

Stranger still - my development site doesn't have this problem.  It's a slightly different domain name on a completely different account, but both sites are on the same VPS server.  My dev site also has all the same apps and plugins installed as well.

I've seen this issue myself. I believe it has something to do with a javascript race condition that occurs on production sites based on the way that the javascript files are combined together by the IPS production packaging. I've tried to work around it a couple of times but still do not seem to have fully succeeded.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.