JoelR

ECA General Questions

Hey Kev,

I'm revisiting this app to build out a trophy system, and I have some general questions:

1.  Rule Set - I have a collection of rules, but they all run independently of each other to reward trophy icons.  I just want to make sure it won't be a problem if I group them together as a rule set.  

2.  Event for user content count?  I checked all of the events and didn't see anything.  I'd like to give an award when user content count = X.  

24 minutes ago, JoelR said:

2.  Event for user content count?  I checked all of the events and didn't see anything.  I'd like to give an award when user content count = X.  

Never mind.  I'm a dumb dumb.  The content count is set during conditions.  

On 12/20/2018 at 5:24 PM, Kevin Carwile said:

Rule sets wont affect your rules. Its just a grouping mechanism.

Thanks

On 12/20/2018 at 5:24 PM, Kevin Carwile said:

For activity awards, you could do something like create a custom action that processes a user, and then have it run in bulk for all users on a recurring basis (like weekly). That could be an acceptable compromise for performance.

It's interesting that you bring that up.  I believe that's actually how Trophies & Medals by Fosters works, which is in a background process that runs every 15 minutes.  

It's also why I don't like his app at all.  If you're only rewarding users once a week, then you lose on the immediate gratification.  You're rewarding the user when he's long past the point of activity.  It's the same as giving a doggy treat to your dog ... a week later.  

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.