Dan

Event: Topic has been created triggered when moving topics

Hi,

Just wanted to report an issue where the event "Event: Topic has been created" is triggered when a topic is moved and the checkbox is selected to create a redirect to its new location.

Could we perhaps have this changed to not trigger on those cases?

I understand that, but is it possible for me to edit your application files to only accept the event trigger associated to a new topic rather than a redirect topic?

im sure I could look in the db and find a field or something associated to redirect topics to destinguish them.

where would I locate the event trigger files? This is kind of important to my use case for this product as I use this particular event trigger to report to somewhere else for management purposes. I have a very large community so it’s triggered fairly regularly for redirects.

Edited by Dan

Hi All,

To anyone who is reading this and wants a solution. As per Kevins guidance above, I was able to locate the following:

The state field in the database for topic's stores the value "link" when saving a link. Usually this field has the value of open or close, which defines the post being locked or not, etc.

Keep in mind i didn't know how to deconstruct the object any other way than to view the database table for forum_topics. Hope this helps anyone in the future!

Update: Event trigger doesnt pick up the link as a new topic. It appears that the code triggers a new post when the topic is moved, despite keeping the same id. Odd. Back to the drawing board!

Ok so I cant edit my previous posts, but I finally found a solution.

I have deduced that the default value for a post state is open. Therefore setting an event condition to check for the state value wont work due to it always being open. Therefore, its not until "Defer To Page End" that the state has been set correctly.

So I manipulate my action code to check the state of the content before processing the action code, and obviously have it triggered at point "Defer To Page End".

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.