liquidfractal

display Points balance in member card?

AM I completely misremembering, or is there a simple way to enable the display of a member's amount of points in X economy in their member card - that is, the member card that is to the left of forums posts etc?

Thanks @alexis - your reply jogged my memory.  I meant your first example, and it reminded me that I hadn't actually given a balance to display!  Now that I did it displays fine according to your first screenshot.

But while we're on the tppic - is there a way of hiding certain currencies from public display?  If it doesn't already exist, perhaps this should be an option in the adminCP?

In the "Manage Currencies" section on your ACP you just need to set the correct permission to your currency. You can choose to "view" the currency by the selected groups only, as well as "have the balances" or use it.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, alexis said:

In the "Manage Currencies" section on your ACP you just need to set the correct permission to your currency. You can choose to "view" the currency by the selected groups only, as well as "have the balances" or use it.

But this will hide them as well from the member himself, right?

I did it the barbarian way, simply deleted the string that displays them from the template :)

2 minutes ago, jair said:

But this will hide them as well from the member himself, right?

I did it the barbarian way, simply deleted the string that displays them from the template :)

Right.

And yes, in the templates we also can choose to show the currency we want to be shown, and do not let another currencies to be displayed, although they are all in usage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

Perhaps this could be an adminCP-side option for those of us who don't feel comfortable tweaking templates? 

Maybe.

But I suppose, it will be much more appreciated,  if the developer's efforts for the Points will be moving towards adding new features for his great application (Economy Points), rather then wasting time for such a small tweaking of templates :) 

I just think, such a tweaking we can process easily by ourselves, in needs just a minute, but adding new features is taking more time for a normal ("standard") community Administrator...

That's why we agree to pay money to Kevin for his time, when buying his products.

Now his Economy points is a paid application, and I really hope, that this fact will increase Kevin's wish to implement new features.

Why don't members points balances show up in the mobile version? They show up fine on desktop but most of our members use the mobile skin.

2 hours ago, PANDA said:

Why don't members points balances show up in the mobile version? They show up fine on desktop but most of our members use the mobile skin.

For compact view purposes I think :) 

I believe you can customize (edit) your Theme for getting balances visible on your phone devises.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.