Ruedy

Stock-Market

I would love a stock-market. Managing and holding shares. With a few options for price-changing, like group/user/board-activities or simple "supply and demand".

Okay, this would be a big thing with many possible details. But It was asked what I would like. :D

• Like 1

Here is the game plan.

There are a series of additional apps that I have in mind that will build on the base application, each providing a new layer to the overall economy. Those would be:

* Assets

* Investments

* Marketplace

* Lotteries

Each will build on each other. Stock-market would fall under the domain of investments. The concept being that an asset can be created whose value is then tied to fluctuating variables. 

Once assets have been engineered, then investments can begin.

• Like 3

On 08.01.2016 at 4:46 AM, Kevin Carwile said:

Here is the game plan.

There are a series of additional apps that I have in mind that will build on the base application, each providing a new layer to the overall economy. Those would be:

* Assets

* Investments

* Marketplace

* Lotteries

Each will build on each other. Stock-market would fall under the domain of investments. The concept being that an asset can be created whose value is then tied to fluctuating variables. 

Once assets have been engineered, then investments can begin.

Did you consider the implementing of Loans as well?

25 minutes ago, alexis said:

Did you consider the implementing of Loans as well?

Banks can already be set up with negative minimum values which would essentially be a loan. And if you put an interest rate on it then there would be negative interest accrued just like on a loan. So I believe this concept is covered by the base points economy app.

This would be awesome!

Has there been any progress on the items you listed?

* Assets

* Investments

* Marketplace

* Lotteries

A currency exchange would be awesome too so people can try to earn points based on fluctuating different types of point values.

It would be great if there were cool little ways to play games involving the money on the forum.

Some kind of lottery or giveaway or even the ability to rob other users etc

A fluctuating currency exchange would really keep people around and using the feature a lot to earn more money.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2016 at 5:48 PM, Cecil said:

It would be great if there were cool little ways to play games involving the money on the forum.

Some kind of lottery or giveaway or even the ability to rob other users etc

A fluctuating currency exchange would really keep people around and using the feature a lot to earn more money.

I know some of these projects of yours might have been sidelined, but I agree there needs to be more variation and fluctuation.  The points system is too ... steady and flat.  

Instead of advanced and complex apps like stock markets, lotteries, and investments (although those would be amazing), I'd like to suggest you start with some easier and simpler apps.

• Deuce - You play with one other member.  Once the other member accepts: one of you loses HALF of your points, which is immediately transferred to the other member.  And every once in a rare chance, you both lose half ... just because :).
  • Hot Potato - You play in a group to be invited by the initiator.  You transfer a 'hot potato' to any other member in the group.  If the user holding the 'hot potato' doesn't transfer the hot potato to another member in a set timeframe (eg. 8 hrs), then the hot potato blows up and you lose XX points and everyone else gains X points.  (This will be great for addictively forcing users to constantly come back to the website.)
  • Last One to Tip - You play with another member or a group.  Everyone tips money into a collective pot with whatever amount they want to contribute.  If a user doesn't tip within a set timeframe (eg. 24 hours), then the pot's points will be equally disbursed to everyone else.  (This is a variant of the popular  topic game "Last One to Post Wins", and I can see pots that go on for weeks and weeks.)
  • Russian Roulette - Pretty simple.  5/6 chance to win XX points; 1/6 chance to blow it all and lose everything.  

Finally, I think if you just give us the ability to create our own random events (maybe integrated with Automation Rules), then we can create our own lotteries, surprise winnings, and losses that are customized to our communities.  For example, if you followed a person and they followed you back on St. Valentine's day, then you can win a "Sweetheart" gift from the bank and both win XX.

Just some thoughts :)  

Edited by JoelR
  • Like 1

Hi Kevin, Does this new setup with Miller Media allow you to spend more time on building these suggested features? I am eager about getting the lottery concept running for my community.

Edited by Dan

I'm proud to be one of the first six users, who support Kevin's application by purchasing it on the marketplace :)  

I hope, that being a part of Miller Media and starting to get payments for the Points Economy application, Kevin will also start to consider implementing new features to this great application! :) 

I've checked trough the topics in this category, and found many good ideas worth to be implemented. I summarize them here for easy search and analysis:

Besides of the gaming plan you wrote in the second post of this topic, the other good ideas are:

- more graphs on the Economy Dashboard;

- new widgets: 1) showing the Top-X users who got most points within a specific time period (day/week/month/year), 2) showing the most *rich* people among the users, who have points in a specific currency. (this info we have in the ACP, great to have it available somewhere on the forum).

- ability to adjust points manually for the specific users groups (moderators) on the front end (without using the ACP),

Donations

- When changing points from one currency to another, there should be a field somewhere on the Economy Dashboard, showing the current exchange rate between these currencies;

- Reactions support! Would be great to find out the solution for this issue - the whole reputation system is currently out of our control :( which is very bad... By the way, the new addon called "Points" has the new Reaction system support: the points can be earned/lost according to the reaction given!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dan said:

Hi Kevin, Does this new setup with Miller Media allow you to spend more time on building these suggested features? I am eager about getting the lottery concept running for my community.

Lottery was always intended to be a separate app. But I do believe that the merging with Miller Media is a positive step for the life of these products.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.