Gabriel Torres

Automatic PM when topic title is edited

Hi @Kevin Carwile

I am trying to create a rule to send a private message to the topic author whenever a moderator edits the title of a topic.

Here is what I have so far:

Condition: "Title was edited"

image.thumb.png.0086410099d93388702828af3fe8ba7d.png

Actions: Send PM

image.thumb.png.4a3ed65901b44e92bec99e68bf6b7bc4.png

The problem is that the PM is being sent also when the topic is moved, etc, not only when the title is edited. So I am missing something in the "actions" part, but I really don't know what I am doing wrong in my code.

Thank you in advance,

Gabriel.

Using the code above, there is at least one case when the PM is sent when it shouldn't. With Pages, I had an articles scheduled to go live, and as soon as it went live, I received a PM telling that the topic's title was edited, but in fact what happened was that the comment topic for that article was created. This probably can be solved by adding a condition in the code above, but I have no clue about what to do.

Edited by Gabriel Torres

1 hour ago, Gabriel Torres said:

Using the code above, there is at least one case when the PM is sent when it shouldn't. With Pages, I had an articles scheduled to go live, and as soon as it went live, I received a PM telling that the topic's title was edited, but in fact what happened was that the comment topic for that article was created. This probably can be solved by adding a condition in the code above, but I have no clue about what to do.

you can try to add another condition with "NOT" enabled in such a case like "Content is of a certain type", where you would select (select! because it is a "NOT"-condition) "Pages".

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.